Cheese Makers Forum FAQ Equipment part 1 Equipment part 2 History

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Yay for Me!!

Not to boast or gloat, but as of today I've lost 20lbs. I've still got a ways to go, but hot damn it feels good.

Yesterday I did cheat a little, though. I was at a pizza place and just could not resist their dried salami, San Marzano tomato, and mozzarella pizza. This joint, called La Perla in Eugene Oregon does a good, authentic job. While not my favorite (Ciao Pizza, baby!), it's not because of their quality or service. Quite the opposite in fact. I think La Perla's main fault is they take the traditional aspects of pizza making a bit too far. For example: canned San Marzano tomatoes during tomato season? Just sayin'...

Anyway, if you are in Eugene check both of those places out. La Perla even makes their own mozzarella, which has the perfect amount of stretch and isn't too watery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Cheese A Day by Jeremy Pickett is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at cheeseaday.blogspot.com.