Cheese Makers Forum FAQ Equipment part 1 Equipment part 2 History

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Best English Pub in Oregon (possibly the US)

The picture sucks cause I forgot to bring my camera, and I only had my iPhone and dim lights. However, the hand pulled ale was top notch. My two favorites were the Rye ale and the IPA, but there were two other excellent brews on tap.

The pub is called the Brewers Union Local 180, and it is located in Oakridge Oregon. This is about 45 miles away from where I live, but the drive is quite scenic. We went there this evening since a friend of ours is in town from California, and we all love English style ales. If you are a fan of English pubs, this is as close to the real deal that I've found in the US. In California we enjoyed the BBC (British Bankers Club), and while that particular pub is similar to more upscale English joints, the Brewers Union is much, much more authentic compared to your traditional English pub.

The proprietor Ted (who I shall remember as Father Ted, since I am terrible at names) was gracious enough to show us around the brewery and talk a little shop. I hope we weren't too much of a bother, but we enjoyed every moment of it. So without reservation, if you are in the Willamette Valley, this place is an absolute must.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Cheese A Day by Jeremy Pickett is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at cheeseaday.blogspot.com.