Cheese Makers Forum FAQ Equipment part 1 Equipment part 2 History

Thursday, March 12, 2009

So I'm not seriously thinking of selling cheese...

...but it would be good to know what the rules, restrictions, and regulations are so that if I did want to sell a couple loaves at a farmers market, I could. Right now I am sitting on 20+lbs of loaves that are aging, and if I keep this up it could conceivably be a lot more. Now don't get me wrong, I love cheese, but that is a lot. And while I am a generous guy, it would be nice to be able to recoup a tad bit of money invested.

So, do you have any ideas what you need to do to be legal?

2 comments:

  1. I'll be going to a farmer's market up here in Seattle that I know has a local cheesemaker, and was planning on asking about this (and other things) anyway. So, if I remember, I may report back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please do. While the laws are probably different between where I live and Washington, it would be great to start compiling at least 'starting points' for research into how to sell.

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
Cheese A Day by Jeremy Pickett is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at cheeseaday.blogspot.com.