Unfortunately much of my brew setup is plastic, so it isn't truly steampunk. However, like with this new manifold I built (it is used to drain the sweet malt liquor--wort--from the grain bed) new additions to the setup must look awesome.
Don't know what you think, but I think this thing looks pretty cool :D
It is made from 1/2" tubing and, 5 T-connectors, and a male adapter to a brass ball valve (not pictured). All this in the name of brewing science! Now to go test if it works (and maybe have a cold one in my very own pub).
Here is a small video of the system in action. The manifold worked quite well. I didn't measure my efficiency, but the recipe (Newcastle Brown) hit it's marks like a champ.
From cracking grain and first flame, to putting away all equipment scrubbed and everything fermenting away, I achieved a personal best time today. Start to finish, 4 hours and 35 minutes. Compared to 7+ hours for previous batches, this feels really, really good.
Cheese A Day by Jeremy Pickett is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at cheeseaday.blogspot.com.