Anyway, I am going to continue blogging about food, travel, and photography. Hope you don't mind. I'm also gonna keep blogging about gardening, since I think it is fascinating, and I find a lot of people like enjoy cheese making also enjoy other difficult, hard pursuits ;) I am proud of the 'Pickett Press' and some of the discoveries I've made--better bagels, cheese flavor, etc. And I hope to continue making these kind of simple, but sometimes profound discoveries.
So, my projects for the coming weeks include:
- Building a smoker out of wine barrels
- Starting about a bajillion veggies from seed
- Smoking a ham 'Prague Style' on my birthday (March 19th baby, 32 here I come!!)
- Improving and fixing plantacious.com (tell your friends!!!)
- Diagnosing some issues with our new stream leading to the big pond
I'm most excited about building this new smoker, I've seen some pics of a few others that have built them out of wine barrels and they look amazing. Only trick is not to set them on fire--which considering that is how my last smoker, made of metal, ended up trashed I may be in trouble.