Cheese Makers Forum FAQ Equipment part 1 Equipment part 2 History

Monday, February 22, 2010

One funny thing about Czech trains...

...is that they basically let anyone on them without checking their ticket. Not all the time, but most of the time. This is how I accidentally got on a train from Brno to Olomouc in North Moravia with a ticket to go from Brno to Prague. Yeah, this one was totally my fault--my actual train was delayed, I wasn't paying attention, and I climbed on the wrong train at the right terminal. The funny thing was, if I had looked at the status board I would have seen my mistake. The funnier thing is as the train was departing, I *did* see the status board, which elicited a huge, "ooOOHH SHIIIITT!!!" from me.

Luckily, even though they didn't speak a word of English, I 'talked' to two very nice and extremely helpful train conductors who got me back to Brno safe and sound, so I could take the next train. With many of these train tickets you can use them in a 24 hour period, and the train I've now taken four times on this trip runs once an hour, so all was far from lost.

So, to the fine people that run the regional Czech train service, those two fine conductors deserve a big THANK YOU!! for getting me back safely. Now, back to my pivo :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Cheese A Day by Jeremy Pickett is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at cheeseaday.blogspot.com.