Cheese Makers Forum FAQ Equipment part 1 Equipment part 2 History

Monday, February 15, 2010

Finally got to SFO

After what our pilot described as the worst delay to SFO he has ever experienced, I am here and safe (though I did miss my connecting flight to Frankfurt ). On the plus side I did get to hear a multiple hour diatribe from the woman behind me about how if you are a woman traveling you will inevitably get 1)stalked by gypsy children, 2) attacked in a back alley by 'MEN', 3) kidnapped 4) raped 5) sold to human trafficers by the boyfriend you just met in Italy for precisely $10,000, and 6) murdered.

makes me glad women don't travel<\sarcasm>

I don't mean to be flippant, but living in that much fear must give a person an interesting world view. Human trafficking is a serious problem, and even one person trafficked for any reason is too much, but the fear of it is absolutely no reason not to live your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Cheese A Day by Jeremy Pickett is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at cheeseaday.blogspot.com.