Cheese Makers Forum FAQ Equipment part 1 Equipment part 2 History

Friday, April 17, 2009

Failed Mozzarella 1, Me 0

Well, my fearless dog got what was supposed to be mozzarella, but just didn't turn out. Mozzarella can be difficult, because to make it the curd has to be stretchy. The only way for it to get stretchy is by lowering the pH, and if it isn't low enough then it tastes like nasty crap.

I ended up with nasty crap.

When I get it right I'll post pictures, but I couldn't bring myself to photograph a cheese that looked more like a small head of cauliflower than, well, cheese. I know what I did wrong, it didn't get acidic enough, and I think it's near time that I get a pH meter.

1 comment:

Creative Commons License
Cheese A Day by Jeremy Pickett is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at cheeseaday.blogspot.com.