Cheese Makers Forum FAQ Equipment part 1 Equipment part 2 History

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Wax Stamp


Last night my wife made me a stamp to use on the wax casing for the cheese. The stamp is a stylization of our dog, who likes to climb trees (or whatever else she can find, including couches, chairs, people, cats, you get the picture). I just tried it out and once I get the hang of it I think it will rock. One thing I did notice is when I tried to stamp a fully waxed loaf, part of one side of the wax split. Now, this was easy to fix, but I think it will work better just after the first side has been fully waxed and before the sides.

Besides, 'TreeDog' has a nice ring to it I think ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Cheese A Day by Jeremy Pickett is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at cheeseaday.blogspot.com.