Cheese Makers Forum FAQ Equipment part 1 Equipment part 2 History

Monday, March 23, 2009

Parsnips are my new favorite vegetable

They are like a carrot that has all growed up, in the good sense. Layers of texture, a flavor that isn't just sweet like a carrot, a touch of bitterness, and a perfumed fragrance that just isn't like any other root.

They are almost like a potato with more sweetness and flavored with lavender and anise. And the fact that they have such a refined taste contrasted with such a homely exterior only makes me love them more. Right now I'm making a tofu and parsnip tikka masala, and both of them take the flavors of the curry marvelously.

If you haven't had parsnips before, make some roasted taters with parsnips, that is an ideal introduction. I have a link to a version I made previously here, and this is the original Jamie Oliver recipe that I based it off of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Cheese A Day by Jeremy Pickett is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at cheeseaday.blogspot.com.